STAND UP FOR TEXAS WOMEN AND FAMILIES
In the words of Margaret Mead, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” And that’s AAUW Texas! The stakes for women and families are clear. We’re asking you to Stand Up for Texas Women and Families and provide them with the support they need for a healthy and well-rounded future by signing our petition and sharing it with your friends and family.
By signing the petition, you will:
- Support women’s access to birth control, cancer screenings, and other preventive care services.
- Support access to affordable health care for all Texans.
- Support paid family, medical and temporary disability leave laws.
- Support equal pay legislation.
- Support quality education that includes curricula based on scientific principles.
- Oppose school voucher programs
We plan to deliver all the signatures to Governor Perry in April. If you remember Gov. Perry vetoed the fair pay measure, HB950, in the Texas State Legislature this past session. Copies of the final signed petition will be sent to elected officials all over the state as well.
Our online version of the petition is available by clicking SIGN OUR PETITION HERE.